Monday, June 13, 2011
Adam Sandler and Business As Usual
It was just before noon today when I heard Adam Sandler was in downtown Lynn, MA on Union Street shooting a film. I was excited to hear the news! I was working at my desk reading some material when it dawned on me! Get up and go down there, you know you want to. So I made it about work! Then I made it about Speed Skating! Then I made it about KeepTheFaith...And I geared up. Now I have not been on my inline speed skates in almost a few years due to health reasons, but today I found the courage and was inspired to dust them off and break them out! I started in my driveway real slow and then up and down the sidewalks, still unsure of my self but then something inside me said GO FOR IT! So I did, I jumped off the curb into the street and found my stride and I am so glad that I did! My legs carried me sailing up and down the sin city streets today! I went up and over curbs, jumped manholes and pot holes, and even bullet-ed down some hills! I was psyched, I had found more than my legs, this was old school courage! I then went skating about the crowd and checked out the movie scene with Adam Sandler http://itemlive.com/articles/2011/06/13/updates/updates05.txt production. I talked to quite a few members of the crew and passed out some home made Saveology flyers standing outside the film location, which ironically was three doors down from where I launched my very first martial art academy on Union Street back in 1987. Back then, "Vanilla Ice" was part of the late 80's music scene and to my surprise today, I got to meet him and shake hands, then we both said Peace! I watched him for a minute with his fans, he was really nice to people. As I stood there waiting with onlookers to see Adam I thought what would I say to Adam Sandler if I met him and it occurred to me that I would probably ask him if he wanted to go SKATE! What a great day in the old neighborhood, just business as usual. Keeping The Faith. Natalie Branden PEACE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment